2017 General Rules and Regulations
The Berkeley County Youth Fair Association reserves to its Executive Board the final and absolute right to interpret these rules and regulations and arbitrate, settle, and determine all matters in regard to and to add or amend them as they may deem advisable.
- Shirt and shoes are required to be worn at all times.
- No pets allowed (excluding service dogs) on fairground premises.
- Absolutely no alcohol, illegal drugs, weapons or firearms allowed on fairground premises.
- Barn areas close at 11:00 pm daily. Everyone must be out of the barns no later than 11:30 pm except for those persons designated by the Livestock Chairpersons. No Trespassing goes into effect at 11:30 p.m. until 5:00 a.m.
- No unauthorized soliciting.
- Smoking is permitted only in designated areas. No smoking in any building, barn, picnic pavilion, grandstand and amphitheater.
- All persons and containers are subject to search.
- No vehicles are to be left over night. They will be towed at owner’s expense.
- Executive Fair Board reserves the right to have any attendee removed from the fairgrounds without liability during the fair for cause (including but not limited to threatening behavior, intoxication, or unsportsmanlike conduct).
2017 Youth Exhibitor Rules and Regulations
- Participation is limited to boys and girls who are active members of either a Berkeley County Boy Scout Troop, Berkeley County FFA Chapter, Berkeley County 4-H Club, Berkeley County FCCLA Chapter, Berkeley County Girl Scout Troop, Berkeley County Boy’s and Girl’s Club, or other organized Berkeley County Youth Groups represented on the Youth Fair Board.
- Participants must be no younger than 9 years old or third grade by October 1st of the current fair year and may not have reached their 21st birthday before January 1 of the current fair year. (Please note that the current fair year is October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017.)
- All indoor exhibits and livestock exhibits must be pre-registered on-line by June 1, 2017. Market animals must adhere to the check in dates. Entries to be registered on-line at www.berkeleycountyyouthfair.org. No exceptions.
- Each exhibitor must report to the central registration area where each exhibitor will be assigned a fair exhibitor number and wristband. Exhibitors will then report to their designated department area to register exhibits.
- Upon registration, all exhibitors will receive an exhibitor wristband. Exhibitor’s wristbands must be worn in order for an exhibitor to enter the fairgrounds without paying the admission fee. If an exhibitor does not have his/her wristband on their arm, the exhibitor will need to pay the admission fee if he/she is 13 years or older.
- An exhibitor must have his/her wristband on in order to show any livestock at the Berkeley County Youth Fair. Wristband is required to enter the show ring.
- Barn parking permits will be given to exhibitors that exhibit beef, dairy, swine, sheep, goats and horses.
- Barn parking permit must be displayed in the vehicle front window at all times
- Only one parking permit per family will be assigned
- Vehicle must park only in the designated barn parking area
- Any misuse of the barn parking permit will result in the permit being revoked for the rest of the fair week.
- An exhibitor may only have one entry in each class.
- Space for and location of all exhibits (including livestock) will be assigned by the officials in charge.
- In the event that funds are not adequate to pay cash awards, the money will be prorated and a lesser amount awarded.
- The Youth Fair Association will not be responsible for loss or damage to exhibits.
- All indoor exhibits must be registered and properly labeled before placing exhibit inside exhibit hall. NO EXCEPTIONS. Registration will be in the picnic pavilion
- All indoor exhibits will be received on Saturday, August 5, 2017 from 11:00 am until 1:00 pm at the Picnic Pavilion. All indoor exhibits must be in place and ready for judging by 1:30 pm on Saturday, August 5, 2017.
- All livestock exhibits (except Swine) will be received on Saturday, August 5, 2017 from 7:00 am until 10:00 am. Swine will be received on Sunday, August 6, 2017 from 6:00 am until 9:00 am.
- The Danish System of Judging will be used and ribbons will be awarded.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
- Indoor exhibits may be removed Saturday, August 12, 2017 from 8:00 am until 10:00 am. Non-market livestock exhibits may be removed Friday, August 11, 2017 between 6:00 am and 12:00 noon. All remaining animals must be removed Saturday, August 12, 2017 between 10:00 am and 12:00 noon. All exhibits must be picked up by designated times or will not exhibit at the 2018 fair.
- All exhibitors are to adhere to designated release times. If any exhibit is removed prior to designated release time without prior approval, exhibitor will forfeit their eligibility to exhibit at the 2018 fair.
- Exhibitors will be responsible for keeping exhibit areas clean and presentable at all times. Division chairs will be responsible for coordinating clean up efforts with exhibitors prior, during and after the fair.
- Any grievance which cannot be settled by a Livestock Chairperson, the Livestock Committee, Department Chair, or the Executive Committee, can be brought before the entire Fair Board at a scheduled Fair Board meeting.
- Executive Fair Board reserves the right to have any exhibitor and their exhibits (indoor or outdoor) removed from the fairgrounds without liability during the fair for cause (including but not limited to threatening behavior, intoxication, or unsportsmanlike conduct). Acceptance of this rule is a condition of entry.