Since 1947, the Berkeley County Youth Fair has provided an outlet for the youth of Berkeley County to showcase their work completed through community-based youth organizations. This scholarship is fueled by the organizations mission to serve the community around it. The recipient of this scholarship will receive a one time, $500 scholarship, to be paid directly to the recipient’s school of admission following the fair, immediately after each years’ scholarship cycle.
To be eligible to apply, a student must meet the following criteria:
- be a graduating senior of a Berkeley County School or affiliate school, or currently enrolled in an undergraduate program as defined in bulletin four
- have membership in 4-H, FFA, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, FCCLA, or the Boys and Girls Club of the Eastern Panhandle
- have participated in the Berkeley County Youth Fair for a minimum of three years
- have acceptance from an accredited trade school, technical college, two- or four-year college or university (Submit acceptance letter as part of application)
- must have a minimum of a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- previous recipients must re-apply
The top five applicants will be notified of their status prior to July 15th. The top five will answer the following question ringside, “How has the Berkeley County Youth Fair prepared me for the future” during the opening ceremonies on Saturday night of the fair. Each participant will pull a random number for order. They will be housed under the stage and brought up one by one to answer. The winner of the Berkeley County Youth Fair Scholarship will be announced at the end of the opening ceremonies.