Dirt Drag Racing
Dwayne Flohr, Chairperson – 304-268-3011 – Track Area
Friday, August 11th, 7:00pm
Registration opens at 5:00pm. $20.00 registration fee.
MANDATORY Driver’s Meeting at 6:45pm
Racing will begin at 7:00pm.
All rules strictly enforced.
Track officials will have final say.
Everyone pays gate admission. Pit passes are required. $10.00 for Pit Passes.
200’ Foot Dirt Drags Rules
Classes (Subject to change day of event):
- 2WD Gas
- 4WD Gas
- 4WD Diesel
- Semi’s (Tri County Only)
- Driver must stay with their vehicle while their class is participating. Failure to stay with your vehicle can result in a disqualification.
- Any vehicle that touches the white line on either side of that truck’s lane will be disqualified.
- Winners will return to the staging area immediately in order to receive staging Instruction for their next round.
- No speeding or hot rodding the pit area. Vehicles operating in an unsafe manner can result in a disqualification/ejection from the event and/or the fairgrounds. No riders at any time.
- All drivers 16 or 17 years old must have a notarized release form signed by his or her parent or guardian. No one under 16 years old can drive or be in track area. All drivers should be prepared to show valid driver’s license.
- Seatbelts must be worn and helmets are required
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances (narcotics) are allowed in pit area or on the fairgrounds. Drivers or pit crews caught drinking or engaging with illegal substances (narcotics) disqualifies their vehicle and driver.
- All and any drag racing decisions such as winner and possible disqualifications are FINAL. No appeal process.
- Exhaust may be other than factory. Bed and hood stacks are allowed, passenger side only. Must be cross-bolted at outlet of turbo. Minimum of two 3/8 bolts. Maximum of 6 inches past turbocharger outlet before any bends. Engine and radiator must be in the original location, as produced by the manufacturer.
- ALL DRIVERS MUST HAVE THEIR OWN HELMET. 4-Wheeler or DOT approved helmets are MANDATORY.
- Vehicle must have valid license and registration.
- D.O.T. Tire only
- Batteries must be secure, truck bed needs to be clean (no trash, etc)
- No rails, tube buggy, or bikes. Must be full body (No open wheeled vehicles)
- After the finish line you must stop before the predetermined stop point line, which will be marked on the track. Failure to do so will result in a disqualification.
- Left Lane exits first, followed by right lane. Failure to do so will result in a disqualification.
- Each class will have a practice round immediately before the competition rounds.
- GM trucks with independent front suspensions are required to have sleeves or upgraded tie rods. Vehicles deemed unsafe will result in disqualification.
- If truck is equipped with a snow plow bracket, it’s advised to temporarily make the bracket (looking from the side) solid due to it interfering with the sensor pickup. Example, would be a thin sheet of metal / cardboard cutout zip tied to the side of bracket.
Purse payout is as follows (for each class)
1st place – $150.00
2nd place – $100.00